Additional information and resources
- Undergraduate students at Southeast Missouri State University who are enrolled in 12 hours or more or graduate students enrolled in 6 hours or more.
- Submissions may be made by a team of 2-3 students. Diverse teams with different majors are encouraged.
Innovation Challenge Examples
- A student engagement program with Catapult Creative House services
- A sexual violence awareness campaign
- A sustainability program for the entire campus
- Music and lyrics to a university spirit song and how to promote it
- A diversity awareness program for student
Note: the above are just a few examples.
Materials to be submitted
- A registration form must be completed (ideally by Fri., Oct. 18, 2019 for teams to have adequate information about the competition). Register online below.
- Suggested 2-3 page summary of each element identified in the criteria as a Word document or PDF file. Submissions are due by midnight Wed., November 6th, 2019 via online submission below.
- An appendix may be added to enhance the understanding of any points made in the summary.
- If relevant, an audio or video file may also be added.
Top 3 Winners and People's Choice
The top three winners will be notified by Wed., Nov. 13 and must agree to present their idea at a common hour program scheduled on Wed., Nov. 20 Glenn Auditorium 12:00-1:30. Each presentation is expected to last 8-10 minutes. The judges will announce the top three winners at this event. Those present will vote and a people’s choice award will also be given.
- $750 cash reward
- $500 cash reward
- $250 cash reward
- Gift bag of Redhawks memorabilia
Prizes (less taxes) will be awarded to each winning team.
Information provides the first step!
- Must attend at least one of the informational meetings scheduled at Catapult: Oct. 2, 9, or 16, at Noon at Catapult Creative House, located at 612 Broadway St.
Preparation is key.
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of what your idea will be judged on.
- Review the application process carefully and thoroughly review the judging criteria.
Embrace diversity in your team.
- To help increase your inspirations for innovative ideas, form a team of people who do not have the same major as you.
Meet all deadlines.
- Register your team above by October 18th to ensure you stay on track.
- Submit your team’s idea by Wednesday November 6.
Clearly address each criteria being judged.
Show how your idea is:
- IMPACTFUL to student life at Southeast;
- INNOVATIVE and new to Southeast;
- FEASIBLE and realistically able to be done.
Ask Questions and Have Fun!
For questions and more information contact:
Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Management
Associate Professor, Department of Marketing
Assistant Professor, Department of Management
Operations Manager, Catapult Creative House
Dean of the Harrison College of Business and Computing